Gas Safety Week is a national safety campaign that is designed to promote and educate the public on gas safety to ensure their safety.
This year Gas Safety Week is on 19-25th September and will see organisations from across the UK work together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
We are proud to be on the Gas Safe register and to promote the importance of gas safety.
Whether it’s your home, office or a rented property, if you have gas appliances in any property, you need to be aware of the risks of unsafe gas work. Ensure you, your family, your employees or tenants stay safe with these tips:
- Get your gas appliances checked every year and serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Ensure you are aware of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning; headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing and loss of consciousness
- Buy and install an audible carbon monoxide alarm near your gas appliances
- Use gas appliances for their intended purposes only
- Ensure there is enough ventilation for gas appliances to burn correctly and make sure no air vents or chimneys are blocked
Whether you need a new boiler installed safely or want to know more information about gas safety, call us on 01922 474313 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.